Due to the nature of the materials there may be some slight variation on the size and weight of both the packed and un-packed products. All photography is for illustration only and may not be a true representation of the product.
The Blizzard Survival Jacket is a unique garment with a tiny packed size. A thigh-length jacket with a hood, made from Reflexcell™ material, it enables the wearer to be protected and re-warmed whilst remaining completely mobile.
It is warm enough for the coldest conditions, and unlike lighter products, does not easily tear or blow away.
- Size (vacuum packed): 15 x 11 x 3 cm.
- Weight: 450 grams.
- Size: (unpacked) 1.22m long x 1.6m diameter
- Colour: Orange or Green.
- Large extended hood protects against wind and rain.
- Elasticated lower hem.
- Clear polythened Sleeves to protect against wind and rain.
- One size fits child to fully clothed large adult.
- Warmth: 7.5 Togs, equal to a quilted jacket.
- Weather protection: fully waterproof and windproof.
- Storage: jackets may be stored indefinitely, and are not affected by temperature or moisture, either during storage or in use.
- Portability: the jacket’s small size and light weight make them easy to carry, whether as personal safety equipment, or for rapid deployment in emergencies involving large groups of people.
- Re-usability: jackets can be re-used many times without loss of performance.
The Blizzard Survival Jacket is a vital piece of equipment for many situations in which people need to be kept warm, or treated immediately for chilling and hypothermia. It is unique in its combination of light weight and excellent thermal performance, whilst allowing wearers total freedom of movement.
Applications include everything from military deployment, marine and mountain rescue, to civil evacuations and disasters.
Blizzard Survival Jackets are particularly valuable in situations involving ‘walking wounded’. They are equally useful for bystanders at accidents, who often become severely chilled whilst everyone’s attention is focussed on the casualty.
Our Jackets are increasingly being chosen as standard equipment by military users, emergency services, civil emergency planners, medical authorities and rescue teams.
Many walkers, climbers, cavers, canoeists, mountain rescue teams, ski mountaineers, adventure racers and others carry the Blizzard Survival Jackets as a safety product in case of accidents or emergencies.
By carrying a few Blizzard Survival Jackets, a group leader can give instant help to individuals at risk of developing Hypothermia, without having to stop the whole group, or disrupt the day’s activities. Rescue teams carry Blizzard Jackets to deal with this eventuality before it makes a bad situation worse.
Motoring & Working Outdoors
The Blizzard Survival Jacket is the ideal personal safety equipment for motorists and workers who may be stranded in remote locations – particularly if they need to retain movement in order to seek help or operate other equipment.
This very compact piece of personal protection is ideal for use by special operations units.
If you sit or squat down, the jacket can be pulled down to cover almost the entire body.
Because Reflexcell™ products are so revolutionary and versatile, we recommend reading the full user instructions Getting The Most Out Of Reflexcell™ Products.