Essentially a double sleeping bag made of Reflexcell™ material, the Blizzard Survival Tube has a drawcord at both ends enabling occupants to sleep side by side, or head to foot.
It provides complete shelter for one or two people, and enables a casualty to be re-warmed by putting another person into the Tube along side them. The Tube is also suitable for emergency bivouacs, and for protecting casualties against the cold.
- Size (vacuum packed): 20 x 11 x 4.5 cm.
- Volume: 1 litre.
- Weight: 540 grams.
- Size (unpacked): length: 2.35 metres
- Colour: Silver, Green or Orange.
- Drawcord with spring toggle at each end.
- Extra large.
- Warmth: 8 Togs - equal to a medium weight regular sleeping bag.
- Weather protection: fully waterproof and windproof.
- Storage: Tubes may be stored indefinitely, and are not affected by temperature or moisture, either during storage or in use.
- Portability: small packed size means the Blizzard Survival Tube takes up very little room in a personal emergency pack or vehicle.
- Re-usability: Tubes can be re-used many times without loss of performance.
Walkers, climbers, cavers, canoeists, mountain rescue teams, ski mountaineers, and adventure racers carry the Blizzard Survival Tube as a safety product in case of accidents or emergencies.
The Blizzard Survival Tube provides warmth and shelter for one or two people, making it a very versatile piece of kit for planned bivouacs whilst backpacking, mountaineering, caving etc.
A warm and healthy individual can fit in the tube alongside a chilled or hypothermic person, enabling them to be re-warmed even in the foulest outside conditions.
For walking wounded, one end can be closed around the head, with the feet protruding from the other end, enabling the person to walk.
We recommend that two people lying side by side in a Tube do so head to toe - partly because this gives them more space, but also because Reflexcell™ material works best when it is not stretched tight, and this arrangement places the least strain on the Tube’s skin.
Because Reflexcell™ products are so revolutionary and versatile, we recommend reading the full user instructions Getting The Most Out Of Reflexcell™ Products.
Shipping is charged by weight at the following rates.
0 – 1000g - £3.50
1000g – 2000g - £7.00
2kg - 20kg - £ 9.10
20kg more – Please email for a quote
EU (Inc. Vat)
0 – 500g - £5.30
500g – 1000kg - £8.50
1kg – 1.5kg - £12.00
1.5kg – 2kg - £15.00
2kg or more – please email for a quote
REST OF THE WORLD:
0 – 500G - £6.85
500g – 1000g - £12.10
1kg – 2 kg - £22.00
2kg or more please email for a quote
No Hassle Returns
- If you are not entirely satisfied with any item you receive, you have the right to cancel your order up to 7 days from receiving your goods.
- Please notify us by email or post of your decision to cancel your order within 7 days of the date of receiving your goods.
- If you cancel your order please return the goods to us (with the original packaging and with all relevant documentation).
- If you are returning goods to us, you must take reasonable care to ensure that the goods are not damaged in transit.
- Please note that when returning an item, the parcel is your responsibility until it reaches us. We recommend that you ask your Post Office for a proof of posting (available free of charge).
- If you fail to return goods at your expense, we reserve the right to charge the direct costs for their recovery and may offset that amount against any refund due.
- Refunds will be issued within 30 days of cancellation of your order.
If you would like further information regarding products, pricing, delivery options or terms and conditions, please telephone us on 01248 600666. Alternatively email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.