- Getting The Most Out Of Reflexcell™ Products
- Reflexcell™ - Our Unique Material
- Reflexcell™ And Elongation
- Reflexcell™ FAQ's
- Reflexcell™ Thermal Performance
- Reflexcell™ vs Alternatives
- Reflexcell™ Warmth-To-Weight Ratio
Reflexcell™ Survival Bags were tested in-house under laboratory conditions using a dummy filled with hot water. In keeping with standard practice, thermal efficiency was measured with the bags resting on an insulating mat. The heat-retaining capability, and warmth to weight ratio of a Reflexcell™ sleeping bag were arbitrarily set as one. The results are shown in tabular and graphical form.
It can be seen that the Reflexcell™ Survival Bag is genuinely in a league of its own. No other product is able to deliver the same thermal performance at such a low weight.
The high figures for reflective foil blankets are misleading for several reasons:
- Using two such blankets will only slightly improve their performance.
- The high warmth to weight ratio of these blankets is due to their extremely low weight, not to exceptional thermal performance.
- Single layer blankets are generally inconvenient to use and extremely fragile, meaning that these theoretical figures are rarely realised in emergency situations.