Because Reflexcell™ is so different from any other material, many of the usual rules just don’t apply, so to get the most out of our products, please read these instructions carefully.
When Reflexcell™ products are packed in our factory, they are neatly folded and all air removed to give an exceptionally small package. Occasionally a small puncture in the outer packaging may occur, making the pack feel softer, and have a slightly more rounded appearance. This in no way affects the performance of the products, and should not be viewed as a problem.
If you are lying on the ground, providing extra insulation between the Reflexcell™ material and the ground will make you much warmer, for example a sleeping mat, a rucksack, or a pile of vegetation.
OPENING THE PACK
- Open the package by tearing at the red pre-cut slit at its base.
- Unroll the product to its full length. Stretch the product sideways, ensuring that all cells are fully stretched, both all the way around, and along the full length.
- After being stretched, the material may stay flat at first, but over a couple of minutes, the cells will fill with air. When stretching the material in the Blizzard Survival Jacket, treat the ends of the arm holes carefully, since they are the weakest part of the garment. Now get into the product carefully.
- Reflexcell™ works best if all cells are full of air and none is squashed or flattened. To create cells of the perfect shape, tug the material lengthwise, then look to check that the material has gained a corrugated appearance.
- If the cells get flattened again during use, re-form them again by tugging. To avoid flattening the cells, try not to stretch the garment tightly in a sideways direction, for example, pulling the front tightly around you, so that the back becomes flattened.
- Tug the garment lengthwise to re-form the pleats, then roll it up tightly (to avoid trapping air, start rolling at the foot in the case of a sleeping bag, start at the head in the case of the vest). Secure with a strap or string (or using the Blizzard Pouch, if available).
- When you get home, unpack the product, turn it inside out and leave in a warm place to dry for a few days before re-packing for future use.
- At home, you can use a vacuum cleaner to get your Blizzard Survival Bag back almost to its original packed size.
- Tug the bag lengthwise to make the pleats as neat as possible. Next, put a tea towel over the end of the hose of your vacuum cleaner. Insert this into the top of the bag, closing the bag around the pipe with your hands. Soon all the air will be removed, and if the bag is carefully rolled or folded from the foot end (easier with two people), it can be made extremely small.
- Alternatively, Blizzard offers a re-packing service for a small charge.
« « Back To ReflexCell™ Technology