Supreme insulating material for industrial applications
Ideal for oil and gas pipelines
- Windproof & Waterproof
- Quick and easy to apply & remove
- Highly elastic and pliable
- Hook and loop fastening
- Environmentally friendly
- Minimizes radiative losses and gains
- Reduces solar gain
- Operating temperature range of -20 to 70 ºC, -5 to 160 ºF
- Thermal conductivity of 1.35 W/m²K
- Highly reflective with an emissivity of approx 0.1
- Extremely low mass (0.12 kg/m²)
Optimal for preventing heat loss or heat gain for pipes, containers or temporary structures
Reflexcell™ is a super-lightweight material that provides unprecedented thermal performance in the most demanding conditions.
Putting Reflexcell™ to the test:
Flow Rate Data for an LPG Pipeline in strong sunny conditions
Reflexcell™ was added to this pipeline on August 8th. The flow rate shows remarkable improvement thereafter.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What makes Reflexcell™ products work so well?
- The cells in the material trap warm, still air, providing insulation.
- The silver reflective surface blocks radiated heat.
- The elastic causes the material to constrict, stopping drafts, reducing convection.
- The outer layer is completely waterproof and windproof.
- Unlike most other insulating materials, Reflexcell™ works just as well when wet.
How strong is Reflexcell™ material?
Surprisingly strong. Multi-layers prevent tear due to accidental puncture. The Reflexcell™ material incorporates a unique structure:
- Three layers reinforce each other; if one is damaged, the others usually remain intact.
- The seams in the material act like the thick threads in ripstop nylon, stopping tears from developing.
- Elastic helps to keep the material in a relaxed state – restricting easy tears.
« « Back To Applications